24 Medium-size Mushrooms, cleaned, with Stems removed.
Finely chop the Mushroom Stems and set aside for later.
4 to 6 Tablespoons Butter
1 - 2 cloves of Garlic (Finely chopped)
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (finely shredded)
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs (Plain or Italian)
I Bunch Scallions, (using only the green part) finely sliced
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Over medium heat - melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant
- Add the finely chopped mushroom stems and saute until tender
- Remove from heat and add the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and scallions.
- Add the salt and pepper
- Stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the mixture. (mound the mixture, slightly)
- Top with a sprinkle of the shredded parmesan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, or until soft to the touch.
1 – 8 ½ ounce can artichoke hearts
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 – 7 ounce can chopped green chilies
- Chop artichoke heart finely and mix with all the other ingredients.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees in a shallow baking dish
- Serve with French bread or tortilla chips
3/4 lb lean ground beef or ground sirloin
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 slices of toast, soaked in water and squeezed dry
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
1/4 tsp cinnamon *Makes 16 - 18 meatballs
salt and pepper to taste
flour for rolling, butter & olive oil for saute
- Blend together: ground beef and egg.
- Add the remaining ingredients
- Gently roll into walnut size balls, then roll in flour
- Saute in skillet with butter & olive oil, over medium heat, until browned & cooked through.
Greek Phyllo Triangles
½ package of phyllo dough, thawed
6 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, finely grated
18 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
2 bunches fresh chives, chopped finely
Salt and pepper to taste
Melted unsalted butter (one cube)
*Thaw the phyllo dough in the fridge for one hour
- Mix the eggs, cheeses, and chives together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully remove half the phyllo sheets and wrap the sheets in plastic or wax paper, then wrap in a wet towel to keep the dough from drying out.
- Take out 5 sheets and lay flat, one on top of the other. *You will need to work quickly.
- Cut the stack of sheets into 4 long strips. Keep out one section of strips and keep the remaining strips covered with paper and damp towel.
- Use a pastry brush and brush each layer with butter, laying one on top of the other, when finished.
- Put a teaspoon of filling in end of strip and begin folding, point to point, making a triangle. Fold until reaching the other end and points meet. Triangle should be tight.
- Lightly brush the finished triangle with butter
- Place triangle on a cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.